Monday, November 15, 2010

Transforming What Hurts Into What Helps


So this is the challenge ...

Put forward by SARK (Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy)

2. Transforming What Hurts Into What Helps

Share one thing in your life that's challenging or

difficult, and one thing that you're glad about that challenge or difficulty. Something like this:
"I sometimes feel overwhelmed with all there is to do in my life and business, and am glad that I am healthy and able to do things" That reminds us of the "marvelous, messy middle" of feelings. I call it "Practical Gladness" This will further develop your transformational abilities.


My biggest challenge lately is my dear 15 year old son.
Being a single parent is a tough enough but trying to help a young boy grow into a man when the main male influences in his life have been not the greatest role models is difficult to
say the least. He is my only son and there are times I'm not sure what to do.

Recently he has been suspended from school, and been AWOL from home for several hours.
I am thankful however, that with these recent activities he has been grounded and under stricter restrictions.

With these restrictions he has been much more involved in all the family activities, he asks to hang out with the rest of the family, to play cards, a board game, watch a movie ... he has recently tried to teach himself piano working through the beginner books we have at home. We've had a lot of chances to talk and share and I hope to develop a better relationship with him.

I love you Brennden!

1 comment: